Christopher J. Chimeri
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial Litigation
- Family Law
- Appellate Practice and Advocacy
- “New York Leaders in Law” – Forbes Magazine
- “Leader in Law” – New York Magazine
- “Rising Star” – Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers, 2014-2018
- “Top Legal Eagle” – Long Island Pulse Magazine
- “Top 40 Under 40” – Long Island Business News
- “Top 40 Under 40” – American Society of Legal Advocates
- “Principal Honoree” – 2018 EAC Network’s annual “Golf for Good”
- “Premier Trial Attorney” – American Academy of Trial Attorneys
Christopher J. Chimeri
Christopher J. Chimeri is a founding partner with the firm and oversees its Matrimonial and Family Law and Appellate Practice areas, tirelessly taking great pride in being personally acquainted with each such matter being handled by the attorneys at Quatela Chimeri.
Immersing himself in all aspects of matrimonial, family and appellate practice from the inception of his legal career, Mr. Chimeri places supreme value on providing his clients, in whom he takes a distinct personal interest, with a holistic approach to their legal matters. An already-seasoned trial lawyer, Mr. Chimeri focuses on delivering the highest standard of advocacy in matrimonial and family law matters. Whether at a negotiation table or in the courtroom, Mr. Chimeri and his matrimonial team are complemented with counsel from his partners and associates who concentrate in federal and state court practice, civil and commercial litigation, as well as transactional business matters, yielding a broader base of experience on which to draw in complex financial divorce matters that are typical of his clientele.
Mr. Chimeri sits as President of the Matrimonial Bar Association of Suffolk County, is an Executive Committee Member and Co-Chair of the LGBTQ sub-committee of the New York State Bar Association’s Family Law Section, and actively participates within the Nassau County Bar Association on various committees including the Matrimonial Law Committee. He regularly lectures for the Suffolk County Bar Association, Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association, Nassau County Bar Association, and New York State Bar Association on matters in family, matrimonial, and appellate litigation.
- New York State
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
- Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus